Moffat Road Railroad Museum photo of 1915 era railroad shed moved from Hot Sulphur Springs to Granby
Links
Museum
Model Railroad
Model Railroad Club
Moffat Road History
News & Events
Board Members
Contact Us
Donate Now
Donors & Sponsors
Links
 
photos courtesy of Carol Hunter & Kathy Naples

Donate Now!
Caboose Coming! Restore a 1923 Caboose at the Railroad Interpretive Center

Museum kickoff project - 1905 Passenger Car restoration

1915 Railroad Building Restoration Project

Scroll over the thumbnails below for a large version of the building in the photo frame above.

1915 era railroad shed1915 era railroad shed1915 era railroad shed1915 era railroad shed1915 era railroad shed1915 era railroad shed1915 era railroad shed
1915 era railroad shed

1915 Era Railroad Building Has Arrived for the Interpretive Center!
1915 era railroad shed from Hot Sulphur SpringsA NEW PIECE OF HISTORY!!! On May 6th, 2011, the Moffat Road Railroad Museum received their second piece of railroad equipment for the Railroad Interpretive Park at the museum site next to the Kaibab ball fields. The photos above show the process of moving and receiving the historic 1915 era railroad building - arriving by truck and using a crane to move it from the truck to it's final destination in the Interpretive Center Park.

About the Building
The building is 23' long 12' wide and about 16' tall. Originally built by the Denver and Salt Lake Railroad around 1915, this railroad shed was in the yard at Hot Sulphur Springs. Moved in 1963 up to town, it was used as a meat locker for Mr. Hite, the local butcher. Then it was used as a garage and storage for the Title Company and the Wedding Chapel owned by Joyce Ackerson.
1915 era railroad shed from Hot Sulphur Springs being lowered into place at the Interpretive Center Park in Granby
On the verge of being demolished, Dave Naples, Jack Bakken, and Frank Delay of Grand Mountain Bank worked their magic to save the building for its historical value. The museum will use the shed as a work space to help in the restoration of the caboose and the coach. Eventually it will be on permanent display as a 1915 era railroad building complete with tools of that era.

Thanks to Our Supporters
The shed was donated to the museum by Grand Mountain Bank - many thanks to Frank Delay. Paul MacDonald of Sky Crane helped with the delicate move and placement into the Interpretive Center Park.

Even during an all-day snowstorm, Dave Naples and his helper Hardy Stafford, Jim McKinney, Dale Reed, Carol Hunter, Hunter LaRue, Don Dailey, Paul MacDonald and Steve, his assistant, and several of the Hot Sulphur Springs town folk worked all day to get the historic hand-cart shed loaded onto the trailer to relocate it to Granby.


1915 era railroad shed from Hot Sulphur Springs being lowered into place at the Interpretive Center Park in GranbyHow to Contribute
Club members covered the cost to move the building from Hot Sulphur Springs to Granby. To donate specifically for this project, Donate Now and mark your donation to be allocated to the Interpretive Park. If you would like to help get this project underway by donating resources, please contact Dave Naples at 970.887.9478 or email info@moffatroadrailroadmuseum.org.

In the News
Read more about the railroad shed in the article published in the Sky Hi Daily News.

Moffat Road Railroad Museum | Grand County Model Railroad Club | PO Box 2221, Granby, CO 80446 | 970.887.9478 | info@moffatroadrailroadmuseum.org

MUSEUM | MODEL RAILROAD | MODEL RR CLUB | MOFFAT ROAD HISTORY | NEWS & EVENTS | BOARD MEMBERS | CONTACT & LINKS | DONATE NOW | DONORS & SPONSORS | HOME
BUILDING PROGRESS | MEDIA | MODEL RAILROAD SHOWS | GCMR CLUB NEWSLETTERS | PASSENGER CAR PROJECT | CABOOSE PROJECT | MODEL RAILROAD SPONSOR CHOICES


Moffat Road Railroad Museum © 2010 | Website Design & Maintenance by Firebird DesignWorks

 

Moffat Road Railroad Museum